Te Kāmata, the Heaton school library
Te Kāmata is a multi-functional learning and library space used by all Heaton students. It offers a number of versatile learning environments:
- Central teaching and learning space surrounded by our library collection
- Multimedia resource area with student desktops, printing and photocopying facilities
- Beanbag corner providing a comfortable reading space
- Break out rooms for small independent group work
- Auditorium, a quiet space to retreat to at lunchtimes or a great place for presentations and screenings during class time
Jane Boniface, our qualified librarian, supports students’ research needs and teaches research and digital citizenship skills. She also promotes reading for enjoyment by delivering fun reading promotion sessions and book talks, providing tailored book recommendations to students, and curating an appealing library collection.