- June- Online enrolments open
- July- Open Days- Click on this link and enter the event code ‘ c2zf9’ to book a tour on one of our Open Days held at the beginning of Term 3
- August- Enrolments close at the end of the month
When are applications confirmed?
- In- Zone Applicants will receive confirmation of their enrolment within 7 days
- Out- of- Zone Applicants will receive confirmation that their application has been received via email. By the end of Term 3 applicants will be informed about whether a place in our school can be offered
What happens after enrolment is confirmed?
In Term 4 you will receive information about:
- opportunity for an interview with a member of our teaching staff to share information about your child
- our Heaton assessment to assist us with class placement and our Year 7 teaching programmes
At the end of the year you will receive information about the start of the school year.
At Heaton we operate a school zone enrolment policy which states:
Home Zone: The geographical area described in the scheme shall stand fast and shall operate as the school’s home zone, under section 11D of the Education Act 1989. All students who live within the home zone shall be entitled to enrol at the school.
Out of Zone Enrolments: Applications for enrolment will be processed in the following order of priority.
- First Priority: The priority is not applicable as this school does not run a special programme approved by the Secretary of Education.
- Second Priority: Will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.
- Third Priority: Will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.
- Fourth Priority: Will be given to applicants who are children of former students.
- Fifth Priority: Will be given to applicants who are children of Board employees or children of members of the Board.
- Sixth Priority: Will be given to all other applicants.
If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth, fifth or sixth priority groups than there are places available, selection within the priority group will be by a ballot conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the secretary under Section IIG (1) of the Education Act 1989.