“Te manu e kai i te miro, nōna te ngahere. Te manu e kai i te mātauranga, nōna te ao.”
The bird that partakes of the miro berry, owns the forest. The bird that partakes of education owns the world.
Thank you for your interest in enrolling your child at our school. Please read the following information carefully before completing the online enrolment form. Enrolments will be processed once all supporting documents have been submitted.
- June- 2023 online enrolments open
- July- Open Day. Wednesday, 27 July 2022. Follow the link to secure a place. The code to book is huhca
- August- Enrolments close at the end of the month
When are applications confirmed?
- In- Zone Applicants will receive confirmation of their enrolment within 7 days
- Out- of- Zone Applicants will receive confirmation that their application has been received via email. By the end of Term 3 applicants will be informed about whether a place in our school can be offered
What happens after enrolment is confirmed?
In Term 4 you will receive information about:
- opportunity for an interview with a member of our teaching staff to share information about your child
- our Heaton assessment to assist us with class placement and our Year 7 teaching programmes
At the end of the year you will receive information about the start of the school year.
At Heaton we operate a school zone enrolment policy which states:
Home Zone: The geographical area described in the scheme shall stand fast and shall operate as the school’s home zone, under section 11D of the Education Act 1989. All students who live within the home zone shall be entitled to enrol at the school.
Out of Zone Enrolments: Applications for enrolment will be processed in the following order of priority.
- First Priority: The priority is not applicable as this school does not run a special programme approved by the Secretary of Education.
- Second Priority: Will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.
- Third Priority: Will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.
- Fourth Priority: Will be given to applicants who are children of former students.
- Fifth Priority: Will be given to applicants who are children of Board employees or children of members of the Board.
- Sixth Priority: Will be given to all other applicants.
If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth, fifth or sixth priority groups than there are places available, selection within the priority group will be by a ballot conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the secretary under Section IIG (1) of the Education Act 1989.