Each year we offer Heaton students the opportunity to participate in external academic competitions. This year, students can choose from ICAS English, Spelling, Writing, Mathematics, Digital Technologies, Science and the Australian Mathematics Competition. They will be completed digitally with the exception of the Australian Mathematics Competition.
These competitions provide students with an opportunity to experience an external assessment situation while also giving parents helpful information regarding their child’s performance in the chosen exams.
All participating students receive a printed certificate and an individual student report indicating which questions they answered correctly, as well as the average mark for New Zealand. The student report is useful for highlighting student strengths and gaps in the skills identified in the exams. Certificates are awarded based on differing levels of achievement attained. Medals are awarded to top students.
Last date for ordering ICAS: Tuesday 6th July
ICAS Digital Technologies $20
- Sitting date: Monday 9th August
ICAS Writing- $26
- Sitting date: Tuesday 10th August
ICAS English – $20
- Sitting date: Tuesday 17th August
ICAS Science – $20
- Sitting date: Wednesday 25th August
ICAS Spelling Bee – $20
- Sitting date: Tuesday 24th August
ICAS Mathematics – $20
- Sitting date: Monday 30 August
Australian Mathematics Competition – $9:50
- Last date for ordering: Tuesday 22 June
- Sitting date: Thursday 5th August
- Payment must be made using the Kindo/Growth Collective link: www.mykindo.co.nz
- Once you have booked and paid, online refunds are unavailable.
- Late entries are unable to be accepted.
For help and technical enquiries please call the Kindo Helpdesk: 05 0845 4636 (freephone) Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Practice Papers & Preparation
A practice workspace has been created on Hapara our digital, online classroom. Students will find past competition papers and answers to assist in their preparation.
If you have any questions or require further information please contact me at email@example.com
ngā mihi nui
Sarah Cumming, Deputy Principal