The most recent physical addition to Heaton is a new Learning Resource Centre (LRC) with a specialist coordinator who has trained as a librarian and worked at the University of Canterbury supporting students in how to learn and to conduct research. These are the skills we are teaching our students through our inquiry learning programme.
The LRC is managed using a flexible booking system that allows teachers to utilise it when their programme will benefit from doing so.
The resources on offer in the LRC are:
- Well-stocked and regularly updated fiction and non-fiction collections
- 6 x iMac desktop computers
- 8 x Macbook laptop computers
- Photocopier and printer for student and teacher use
- Open workspaces with tables for group work
- Quiet, solitary reading or learning areas
- Separate seminar rooms for students or teachers
- An auditorium with tiered seating and a data projector