Heaton brings the heat in this years Anchor AIMS Games International Sporting Championships
Our Heaton team have returned from Tauranga with spectacular results and many happy memories, as months of hard work and dedication have been rewarded. This years trip was a huge success, and would not have been possible without the support of our parent helpers, and the amazing efforts of our coaching and managing team: Ross Cooper, Jane Newton, Paula Doré and Tania McCarthy.
All members of our Heaton teams and our individual athletes were faced with the challenging prospect of competing against top class teams and competitors. We are extremely proud of the way that you represented yourself and our school. Your independence, preparation and fighting spirit was outstanding!
We would also like to recognise those students who produced outstanding individual performances, and who finished with a medal. A huge congratulations on your amazing achievements.
- Elle-Roze (Room 18): Gold Medal – Rhythmic Gymnastics
- Paris (Room 4): Gold Medal – Cross Country
- Jenny (Room 6): 2 x Gold Medals & 2 x Bronze Medals – Swimming
- Will (Room 19): Silver Medal – Trampoline
- Petra (Room 8): Bronze Medal – Squash
- Caitlin (Room 4) & Petra (Room 8): Cup Winners – Best Female Squash Team
For further tournament information and photos, please visit our Heaton Sport Blog: https://heatonsport.wordpress.com/aims-games/
By Tim Evers